Skip to main content

Christians in North Korea Scalded With Molten Iron

I didn't know there were any Christians in North Korea. If Kim Jong Il gets his way, there won't be. Here's your weekend must-read, from World Magazine. Goes behind the firewall in a week or so, so get it while it's hot:

On both sides of the border, Dobbs heard horror stories from underground Christians about recent North Korean persecution. Executions and torture may occur in large part in North Korea's prison camp—the gulag holds an estimated 200,000 political prisoners—but they also happen in public. Dobbs gleaned one estimate that the regime kills 300 people a year for their faith. Other well-connected activists report arrests of Christians were higher last year than in 2005, with perhaps 50,000 believers languishing in prison.

Some examples of persecution that Dobbs learned about:

In one prison, a warden hung a Christian man upside down and ordered him to deny his beliefs. Eventually the warden stabbed at him and pushed him to the ground, ordering 6,000 prisoners to trample him to death.
Eight prisoners stayed silent when told to deny the existence of heaven, so an infuriated prison official ordered other inmates to pour molten iron over them.
Some reports say Christian prisoners are deliberately crippled so they cannot walk; others are left naked and so starved they eat the rats scampering in their prison cells raw.

On your way to your free church please notice how you are not being shot by the secret police, and please say a prayer for those who are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret vs The Bible

Or should I put the, The Bible versus The Secret. Of late a couple of my friends have asked me a lot about 'The Secret' which is supposed to be revolutionizing people's lives. I got a chance to watch the DVD on TS but somehow I was not convinced. Don't get me wrong, a lot of what they teach is great and people should be applying it. But I do have a couple of issues with it. One thing that really bothered me is the way they sort of overlooked God or glossed over him. They even do quote scripture and all but still, it wasn't convincing. They have Biblical principals and even teach that many preachers e.g Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joel Osteen and so on teach principles based on the secret. Well, I think they are just trying to justify their teaching. I for one listen to all these preachers regularly. I am subscribed to their podcasts, buy their books and CDs and DVDs. Never once did I hear them use the secret as their reference material. They use the Bible - God...

Huawei IDEOS U8150 Review

I am a self-confessed Nokia die-hard. I have stuck with them even though the performance of some of their later models of phones, especially the touchscreen ones has been less than stellar. Nokia make great hardware. I am yet to find a manufacturer that makes sturdy long lasting phones Like Nokia does. However, their software seems to leave a lot to be desired. Saying that, I still do believe that the Nokia E71 is one of the best smartphones they may. I still have mine to date and it has served me faithfully. A friend who couldn’t understand my almost fanatical obsession with Nokia phones dared me to try another smartphone operating system. Try the iPhone or an Android phone and then tell me if you will go back to Nokia. The opportunity came when Safaricom introduced the uber-cheap Huawei IDEOS U8150 in Kenya. Retailing at 8,500 Kenya Shillings with 600MB free data and 1,000 Shillings free airtime, it was a bargain to say the least. The IDEOS had Android 2.2 (Froyo) installed. It com...

Comprehensive Analysis of Private Pension Scheme Providers in Kenya (2024-2025)

  This report provides a detailed overview and comparative analysis of leading private pension scheme providers in Kenya, focusing on their costs, value propositions, guaranteed minimum interest rates, and overall performance. The analysis aims to inform individuals seeking to invest approximately KES 10,000 per month for their retirement planning. Overview of Key Providers The Kenyan private pension landscape features several prominent providers, each offering distinct advantages. Based on recent performance and product offerings for 2024-2025, the following schemes are notable: Provider 2024 Declared Return Guaranteed Minimum Rate Management/Admin Costs Key Value Proposition Zimele 15.0% Market-linked / Guaranteed Fund 2.5% p.a. management fee; No entry/exit fees . Offers a low entry barrier (KES 100), high flexibility in contributions, and has consistently delivered competitive returns . Sanlam Kenya 15.0% 5.0% (typically) Competitive (approximately 2% p.a.) Demonstrated strong ...