Skip to main content

Pray for New President

Pray for New President by Steve Watters The United States has elected a new President--Barack Obama. As a non-profit organization, we haven't been able to talk about candidates in this race ... until now. I'll be the first on this blog to say I'm disappointed and concerned about the days ahead. I realize from blog comments we've had over the past year, however, that some of you are probably excited about this result. Regardless of what you're feeling now -- discouragement or elation -- those of us who are followers of Christ are called to live by 1 Timothy 2:1-4: I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. Whether we voted for them or not, we are to pray for our leaders. Some of you may worry as I do that President-elect Obama is going to move forward on his promise to sign a bill that would roll back all the restrictions that have been placed on abortion over the past 30 years. You may also worry that Joe Biden's prediction of Obama's leadership being tested in the first six months will come true and might even result in the loss of innocent lives. In the face of these and other reasonable concerns, we have to remember that God has demonstrated that He can work through any leader. Regardless of what Obama has said or done up until now, we can still pray that God will direct his steps in such a way that we will be able to "live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." We don't know what kind of presidency Obama will end up having, but we do know that God is sovereign and is still above all powers and authorities and His "dominion endures through all generations" (Psalm 145:13).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huawei IDEOS U8150 Review

I am a self-confessed Nokia die-hard. I have stuck with them even though the performance of some of their later models of phones, especially the touchscreen ones has been less than stellar. Nokia make great hardware. I am yet to find a manufacturer that makes sturdy long lasting phones Like Nokia does. However, their software seems to leave a lot to be desired. Saying that, I still do believe that the Nokia E71 is one of the best smartphones they may. I still have mine to date and it has served me faithfully. A friend who couldn’t understand my almost fanatical obsession with Nokia phones dared me to try another smartphone operating system. Try the iPhone or an Android phone and then tell me if you will go back to Nokia. The opportunity came when Safaricom introduced the uber-cheap Huawei IDEOS U8150 in Kenya. Retailing at 8,500 Kenya Shillings with 600MB free data and 1,000 Shillings free airtime, it was a bargain to say the least. The IDEOS had Android 2.2 (Froyo) installed. It com...

The Secret vs The Bible

Or should I put the, The Bible versus The Secret. Of late a couple of my friends have asked me a lot about 'The Secret' which is supposed to be revolutionizing people's lives. I got a chance to watch the DVD on TS but somehow I was not convinced. Don't get me wrong, a lot of what they teach is great and people should be applying it. But I do have a couple of issues with it. One thing that really bothered me is the way they sort of overlooked God or glossed over him. They even do quote scripture and all but still, it wasn't convincing. They have Biblical principals and even teach that many preachers e.g Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joel Osteen and so on teach principles based on the secret. Well, I think they are just trying to justify their teaching. I for one listen to all these preachers regularly. I am subscribed to their podcasts, buy their books and CDs and DVDs. Never once did I hear them use the secret as their reference material. They use the Bible - God...

Comprehensive Analysis of Private Pension Scheme Providers in Kenya (2024-2025)

  This report provides a detailed overview and comparative analysis of leading private pension scheme providers in Kenya, focusing on their costs, value propositions, guaranteed minimum interest rates, and overall performance. The analysis aims to inform individuals seeking to invest approximately KES 10,000 per month for their retirement planning. Overview of Key Providers The Kenyan private pension landscape features several prominent providers, each offering distinct advantages. Based on recent performance and product offerings for 2024-2025, the following schemes are notable: Provider 2024 Declared Return Guaranteed Minimum Rate Management/Admin Costs Key Value Proposition Zimele 15.0% Market-linked / Guaranteed Fund 2.5% p.a. management fee; No entry/exit fees . Offers a low entry barrier (KES 100), high flexibility in contributions, and has consistently delivered competitive returns . Sanlam Kenya 15.0% 5.0% (typically) Competitive (approximately 2% p.a.) Demonstrated strong ...