Skip to main content

Despite City's Restrictions on Event, the BattleCry of over 22,000 Christian Youth Heard Loud and Clear in San Francisco

"We're not going to let this generation fade away. We're not going to let this generation be won by MTV, [or] by all these things that Hollywood is feeding us."

Lillian Kwon/AH (Mar 12th, 2007)

Writing for the Christian Post, Lillian Kwon shares on this weekend's BattleCry event, sponsored by Teen Mania, and attended by more than 22,000 youth. (Photo by: The Christian Post / Gospel Herald, Hudson Tsuei)

Although San Francisco city officials imposed new "amplified sound" restrictions on the two-day gathering, held in AT&T Park, the young people reportedly made their voices heard.

Founder of Teen Mania, and leader of the BattleCry movement, addressed the tens-of-thousands of teens filling the park on Saturday, exclaiming, "When you're ready to surrender, take up the sign of commitment...by passionately—with everything you've got, with all the lights on, with no music and no emotionalism, just as if you just found the answer to all of your dreams—[jumping] to your feet and [screaming] as loud as you can: I want the cross!"

In response, youth throughout the stadium individually rose to their feet, with hands held high yelling, "I want the cross," without any musical accompaniment.

During the times amplified music was allowed, some of the bands included P.O.D. and Skillet, who told the crowd, "It's about you guys, us, and all the Christians around the whole nation saying, 'We're not going to let this generation fade away. We're not going to let this generation be won by MTV, [or] by all these things that Hollywood is feeding us.'"

To read the full article, click on the link below.

Source: Christian Post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret vs The Bible

Or should I put the, The Bible versus The Secret. Of late a couple of my friends have asked me a lot about 'The Secret' which is supposed to be revolutionizing people's lives. I got a chance to watch the DVD on TS but somehow I was not convinced. Don't get me wrong, a lot of what they teach is great and people should be applying it. But I do have a couple of issues with it. One thing that really bothered me is the way they sort of overlooked God or glossed over him. They even do quote scripture and all but still, it wasn't convincing. They have Biblical principals and even teach that many preachers e.g Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joel Osteen and so on teach principles based on the secret. Well, I think they are just trying to justify their teaching. I for one listen to all these preachers regularly. I am subscribed to their podcasts, buy their books and CDs and DVDs. Never once did I hear them use the secret as their reference material. They use the Bible - God...

Huawei IDEOS U8150 Review

I am a self-confessed Nokia die-hard. I have stuck with them even though the performance of some of their later models of phones, especially the touchscreen ones has been less than stellar. Nokia make great hardware. I am yet to find a manufacturer that makes sturdy long lasting phones Like Nokia does. However, their software seems to leave a lot to be desired. Saying that, I still do believe that the Nokia E71 is one of the best smartphones they may. I still have mine to date and it has served me faithfully. A friend who couldn’t understand my almost fanatical obsession with Nokia phones dared me to try another smartphone operating system. Try the iPhone or an Android phone and then tell me if you will go back to Nokia. The opportunity came when Safaricom introduced the uber-cheap Huawei IDEOS U8150 in Kenya. Retailing at 8,500 Kenya Shillings with 600MB free data and 1,000 Shillings free airtime, it was a bargain to say the least. The IDEOS had Android 2.2 (Froyo) installed. It com...

Comprehensive Analysis of Private Pension Scheme Providers in Kenya (2024-2025)

  This report provides a detailed overview and comparative analysis of leading private pension scheme providers in Kenya, focusing on their costs, value propositions, guaranteed minimum interest rates, and overall performance. The analysis aims to inform individuals seeking to invest approximately KES 10,000 per month for their retirement planning. Overview of Key Providers The Kenyan private pension landscape features several prominent providers, each offering distinct advantages. Based on recent performance and product offerings for 2024-2025, the following schemes are notable: Provider 2024 Declared Return Guaranteed Minimum Rate Management/Admin Costs Key Value Proposition Zimele 15.0% Market-linked / Guaranteed Fund 2.5% p.a. management fee; No entry/exit fees . Offers a low entry barrier (KES 100), high flexibility in contributions, and has consistently delivered competitive returns . Sanlam Kenya 15.0% 5.0% (typically) Competitive (approximately 2% p.a.) Demonstrated strong ...